Although breath is not the first thing you will think of when mentioning personal hygiene, it does take part in the overall personal hygiene of people. Having a bad breath, or halitosis, is the same as wearing dirty clothes and sharing odor around you.
You might have tried solving this unpleasant condition by regularly brushing your teeth or using various commercial oral hygiene products, but in most cases, this isn’t enough. Bad breath is a bit more serious problem as it’s caused by harmful bacteria and certain foods.
What’s more, the intensity of your bad breath is increased by some toothpastes or other oral hygiene products which are laden with harsh chemicals. The safest and most effective way to get rid of bad breath once and for all, is using the following natural remedy.
Bad Breath Remedy
- Squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp. of sodium bicarbonate
- 1 tsp. of honey
- ½ a tsp. of cinnamon
- Add honey and cinnamon to the lemon juice. Mix well, and pour the mixture in the warm water. Shake well, preferably using a glass bottle.
- Gargle with 1 – 2 tablespoons of this mixture for few minutes.
- Once you’re done, spit it out, as the mixture will be full with bacteria and toxins from your oral cavity.
How Does It Work
The ingredients of this recipe are responsible for the effectiveness of this remedy.
Cinnamon kills the bad breath-causing bacteria.
Honey provides powerful antibacterial properties, whereas baking soda will make your teeth brighter.
Lemon helps kill the bacteria in your mouth, giving your mouth a refreshing and pleasant aroma.