Marquez Should have Won the Fight over Pacman Pacquiao Win

That is probably what the Mexicans especially Juan Marquez are thinking as of this moment. Yes, it was a very close match with Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez but the judges already made their decision, with a 114-114, 115-113 and 116-112 in favor of Pacman Pacquiao. It is done and once again another victory for Pacman Pacquiao in their Trilogy fight between Marquez.

It was a very close fight I mean so close that many are convince the Marquez won the fight. Even the commentators which scored every round is in Favor of Juan Manuel Marquez. In the venue I was watching even many of the audience expected Marquez won the fight (Not that they are against Pacman Pacquiao), but the reality is that Manny Pacquiao really had very difficult day in this Pacquiao vs Marquez III fight. He didn’t even score a knockout or something near to it.

It is true that styles make the fight in which Manuel Marquez style of fight(counter punching) gives a lot of problem for Manny Pacquiao. Every round is full of action of exchanges blows and counter punches. I haven’t seen Manny Pacquiao having a difficult time with his opponents, only with Marquez, he didn’t have the chance to knock down Marquez. I really feel for Marquez defeat with all the trash talk about winning their previous fights which can be declared as a closed debate based from this result, and this will probably result to Juan Manuel Marquez retirement in boxing.

Recent Statistics

From Yahoo! Sports: According to CompuBox, Pacquiao landed 176 of 578 punches. Marquez connected on 138 of 436 punches.

Other Stats

Power punches thrown- 274Pacman, 254Marquez; Power connected- 117Pacman, 100Marquez Total thrown- 578Pacman,436Marquez; Total connected 176Pacman,138Marquez

So all that is said and done ,Manny Pacman Pacquiao is the winner and still the best pound for pound fighter. That is boxing, that is sports and that is life :). Now the question is who is next for Manny Pacman Pacquiao. Is it gonna be Manny Pacman Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather this May 2012?

Congratulations and Mabuhay Pacman, you make us proud once again :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

25 Responses to “Marquez Should have Won the Fight over Pacman Pacquiao Win”

1. Jen says:

So it’s Manny Pacquiao again! I’m really looking forward to Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. Papanoorin ko talaga yun! And oh, I’m not really a sports fanatic, napansin ko nga na never pa nga na-knock out ni Manny si Marquez, unlike some of his other opponents. cool!
    Jen recently posted..Do it. Like it.My Profile

2. Mei says:

I haven’t had a chance to watch the fight but based on what I read, many people say that Marquez should have won the fight. Well we may not know the reason behind it, but since the decision is finally, let these controversies spread and read by Manny himself. haha.
    Mei recently posted..Dairy Queen’s MooLattéMy Profile

3. Cstrue says:

Marquez is The WINNER everybody knows it millions know it so why there are some people saying that pacman deserve The victory?? Just as blinds as JUDGES Box lost credibility!!!!

• Jerminix says:

Probably, maybe, who knows .. but the judges already made their decision and we have to accept that. That is part of the sport.

• Cstrue says:

Yeah I think you are right unfortunately The decision is made :( but there are thousands of people dissapointed not only mexicans. Well I think business are business and The show must continue maybe Marquez didnt win but he won The respect and admiration of many people around The world :)

4. Faith says:

I didn’t get the chance to watch it, but it was all over facebook.
    Congratulations to Manny, he never fail to make the Filipinos proud :)

5. jenn says:

I haven’t watched his fight and I also have heard that their fight was so very close. I am happy manny won again. weeee!
    jenn recently posted..My first NYX cosmetic :D My Profile

6. John says:

I have watched it, and indeed, it was a very close fight. I seriously thought there would be a draw, or Marquez would win. Dang, he had really powerful punches! You could totally feel the force! But then again, I’m no boxing expert. Pacquiao wouldn’t have been the winner if he wasn’t deserving right? YOU’RE A BOXING GENIOUS PACMAN! YOU INVINCIBLE! GO PINOY! Wooo!

=)

7. sheidz says:

I have watched it and I was pretty sure it was gonna be a draw because both fighters were just going for it. I am a bit disappointed about the judges decision but better have Pacman win, or else, super bitter naman talaga naten. Anyway, the judges know what they’re doing; hindi lang siguro sanay ang mga fans ni Manny na walang exciting na nangyari sa fight nila.

We should all rejoice, this is another big win for us! :)
    sheidz recently posted..Epic. Awesome. Random.My Profile

8. jeniffer says:

yes this is the gossip I heard on facebook that marquez should have win the boxing match, but like you said.. Marquez should not retired yet since he is almost there defeating manny which means he is improving.. though i’M Not against manny…so goodluck to both of them.. and congratz manny..

• Jerminix says:

Maybe, but there is this new video trending on Marquez cheating in stepping Pacquiao’s foot during the fight. Better check that one too, but the important thing is that our “man’” Pacman is the winner :D

9. Gel says:

It was really a close fight but perhaps a lot of people were shocked that Pacquiao wasn’t able to bring down Marquez? But if I were Pacquiao since I won the last match, I should go retire now and leave a legacy!
    Gel recently posted..please don’t pop!My Profile

• Jerminix says:

Nah, I also think Marquez deserves a 4th fight against Pacman, at least he will have another shot (maybe knocked Pacman perhaps) but that is yet to be proven, and Pacman should be now aware of that.

10. WYONA says:

I didn’t have the chance to watch the fight, even replays since I’m not a huge fan of boxing nor Pacman. That’s why I cannot say my reaction about it. But as what I’ve seen in reports and articles I’ve encountered, it was really a close fight. If Pacquiao really had a tough time knocking out Marquez, then people shouldn’t conclude immediately that Marquez won because the two of them are just great boxers and difficult to knock down. People should just accept what the judges have decided.
    WYONA recently posted..My Japanese manualMy Profile

11. KC says:

I totally agree with you. Si MArquez naman talaga dapat manalo. Nagulat pa si Jinkee nung asawa nya nanalo. Parang kahit sya di makapniwala. hahah!
    KC recently posted..It’s not about the coffee.My Profile

12. It’s a fight which is very difficult to judge, i have respect for both boxers, but i really think Manny deserves it. for one thing he was the one who is really engaging, Marquez was there waiting, which is quite weird considering the fact that he is the challenger.